Here's a good idea - kneelupps.info

I will explain how I have been surfing since mid 2012?

KUPS - Kneel-up paddle surfing

Any SUP I can stand up on is too big to surf. With the paddle I use I don't have to. It is a variable and in the short position just the right length.

Upsides:
  • With the usual short period swell we get in Sydney SUPs get jostled by the chop,
  • Stronger stroke at the take-off,
  • Quickly adapt to different boards,
  • Easier to get up than from lying-down paddling,
  • Easier to take off by being hit from behind by white water, and
  • All the benefits of surfing a long-board.

Downsides:
  • Hard to keep your knees on the board as wide and your feet would be;
  • Have to get up from kneeling at take-off;
  • Some SUP people will say it's the lamest thing they have ever seen.
Boards that I have ridden:
Star Board 8'5"a bit like this 2012 model, but much older. star-board-sup.com/2012/product/?q=pocket-rocket-8-5-30

and

Bonga Board 9'6"

2019 - the Naish Crossover 120

supwindfoil.blogspot.com/2019/03/hover-crossover-120

Comments

Popular posts

125 litre Pendleboard

This inflatable SUP has a rigid tail. The sailboard rig connection is an option - that I am interested in.

Some foil success

Today (May 6, 2018) I caught two waves where I took off kneeling up; got to my feet before the board went up on the foil and rode the wave mostly on the foil. The difference was that I was surfing with a bloke riding a SUP (5'9" 90 something litres). A case of money see monkey do. Anyway, this activity is too fashionable for this blog, so I have posted to: supwindfoil.net Page to view: supwindfoil.blogspot.com/2018/05/monkey-does

Waist leash and SUP

 I have broken two of those curly waist leash cords. Here is a solution that I am trying. Note the addition of another of those heavy Velcro end bits to keep the curly bit of cord away from the back of the front fins.